Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm Outta Here!


Blake got to leave the hospital this morning. It was very exciting. Here he is all ready to go in his car seat. As you can see, he looks rather small in it. He was very alert after getting into the seat. I'm not sure he knew exactly where he was since he has never really been anywhere other than in his bed.


Here he is on his first ever venture out of his little cubicle in the NICU.


The first 6 hours he's been home have been great, but we haven't gotten through a night yet! We are just trying to stick to the exact same schedule he was on in the NICU. It's a little strange, because while everyone says "babies don't come with an instruction manual", ours kind of did. We always had nurses and doctors right there to tell us what to do and answer any questions, 24 hours a day. We're on our own now, but I'm sure it will be great. We're excited to not have to make any more trips to the hospital and get to spend lots more time with Blake.

11 comments:

Kara said...

I love the up close picture of him in his carseat. I have to say, he really is such a cute baby, and I'm not just saying that because I want to be his favorite aunt. I hope he sleeps for you at least some tonight - good luck!

The Nelsen Family: said...

Hooray! Congrats!

Jackie S. said...

He looks so cute!!! Congrats on having your bundle of joy at home! Sleep will come again in a few months and then you won't remember those sleep-deprived days after a while. By the way...I like your car seat design. I don't think I've seen that pattern. Take care...

Kari said...

Wahoo! Way to go Blake! Good luck, tonight! :) Muahahah...welcome to parenthood. :)

Anna said...

oh Yay!!! I'm so glad he is HOME!!! I hope he gives you a good night sleep.

the nice one said...

how wonderful!! he looks so strong already!! eric your smile in the last picture is so perfect!! congrats again!

Unknown said...

Hey Eric & Lindsey...It's Elizabeth, Kara's friend. I've been reading your blog, you have the sweetest little guy. I'm so glad he's home and healthy. I'm so excited for you to start enjoying him...without having to share him with all the nurses! :) Oh, and I'm glad you liked the onesie.

McEuens said...

Yay yay yay!!! So glad he's home with you now. He really is such a cutie. Congrats. Hope the first few days are treating you ok.

Anna said...

That is so funny that you put Blake and Lexie's name together, because I was sitting here thinking Blake and Alexis Strong, that does sound good. They'll appreciate being betrothed I think, saves on the heart ache. :)

Amber said...

how exciting!! congrats on such a big event! i'm glad he's doing well. he's so adorable!

Scott and Stef said...

Congrats! He is so stinkin cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails