Warning: This is long, prepare to be somewhat bored.
As many of you know, for the first 7 months of Lindsey's pregnancy, she was smooth sailing. She had virtually no problems and we felt very lucky. Well, that has started to change here in the homestretch.
For the past week or two, Lindsey has started to experience some swelling. We kind of thought this was just normal pregnancy stuff, so we didn't think too much of it. She told her doctor, and we were told to monitor her blood pressure (Since I have high blood pressure, I have a home digital blood pressure machine, so that was easy).
Her B.P. had been doing ok, so we were not too worried about it. However, Sunday night, her feet were REALLY swollen, so I took her B.P. Well, it came in at a wonderful 175/110. For those who aren't familiar with B.P. numbers, those numbers are flat out bad.
We called the doctor and she told us to go to Labor and Delivery and get checked in to run some tests, so we did. Her blood pressure stayed at about those same levels for several hours. They tested the protein in her urine, and that is way to high as well.
Her B.P. went down this morning and afternoon to right around 140/90, but by this afternoon it was back up to the levels that are not so great (but still not as bad as last night).
So, the doctor has told us that our new address is Plano Presbyterian Hospital until the baby shows up. Lindsey is 33 weeks and 4 days right now, and I have a sneaking suspicion that she may not make it to 34, and if she does, it won't be by much.
So, here is what we know:
1. The baby is doing good, and if he had to be delivered today, he would likely be just fine. They did a sonogram today and said he looks very healthy.
2. Lindsey feels fine, although we are both a bit nervous. We anticipate no problems with her health either.
3. The baby currently weighs 4.5 pounds, and will gain .5 pounds per week if he doesn't come early.
4. It seems the little guy will be spending his first ever vacation in the NICU when he comes. He will probably be there for at least a few weeks.
5. While it is possible Lindsey could hold out another week or two (or maybe more), the doctor really doesn't seem to think that is going to happen.
6. Lindsey is getting a 2nd steroid shot tonight (Monday) at midnight, and the goal is to not have the baby for at least 48 hours after that, although it is ok if he does come before then.
What we don't know:
1. What exactly will trigger a decision by the doctors to deliver, and when that might occur.
2. How long we will be stuck in this Hospital room. Although, this is a double edged sword. While it stinks just sitting here (she can't do anything, go anywhere, move too much, etc), we would like to buy as much time as possible before the baby is born, so we'll deal with the boredom.
Fortunately for us, last Friday we decided that "just in case" something crazy happened, we needed to go baby shopping and get all of the essentials. Unfortunately, none of that included "preemie" baby stuff. But, since he will be living at the Hospital for a while if he does show up in the next few days, we will have time to get that stuff before he goes home.
The doctors have asked that Lindsey not receive a lot of stimulation, so she is just chilling and trying not to worry about it too much.
We'll keep you posted if anything develops. We don't have much else to do.
Free Katana Roblox
5 years ago


7 comments:
Oh, hang in there guys! That is so hard! I hope you can keep that little guy in as long as possible, and Lindsay, stay chill and keep that B/P down!
Love ya!
Lindsey, I'm so sorry!!! why haven't you called me!! I love you and will be praying for you and your son!! You can do it!!! Just start counting dots on the ceiling!!
Yikes! But thank goodness your little boy is big enough that everyone will be fine. We love you guys and will keep praying for you until we see him kickin' it in the real world!
Vanessa and Michael
just cross those legs and keep that little guy in there for as long as possible! i'll be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers. good luck!
Oh! I'm so sorry! We're praying for you guys! :-)
Oh Lindsey, I am so sorry. I know that sitting in a hospital bed is no fun, but totally worth it to keep that baby in as long as possible. I will definitely keep you in my prayers!!! Love ya.
Good luck you guys! If I was there I would love to come in and sing you some songs & dance too, just to make you laugh & give you some great quality entertainment, which I'm sure the nurses won't do, but since I can't, just imagine it. :) It sounds like you have a great guy taking care of you. Things will be just fine & before you know it this little guy will be the center of your lives. Love ya, and I'll keep you in my prayers. :)
Post a Comment