Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Baby Update

Here is what has transpired since last night. Lindsey did get her 2nd steroid shot last night at about 1 in the morning. At that time they also finished with her 24 hour urine collection for protein. We got the results back of the protein this morning, and they were off the charts bad. Her blood pressure had not gotten any better, so the doctor said she was now "a ticking time bomb" and had "severe pre-eclampsia". We were told we were delivering today.

Lindsey was scheduled for a noon c-section, and it went very well. She is currently just relaxing in bed and is still fairly numb, but feels well. Her B.P. is going down slowly.

The baby is in the NICU. He seems to be doing well. Even though we didn't get the desired 48 hours after the 2nd steroid shot, his lungs seem to be doing really well. They have him hooked to a breathing apparatus anyway, just so that he doesn't get tired of breathing. He will be on that for a few days.

We have not picked a name yet, seeing as how we thought we had another 6 or 7 weeks to do so. We have a few that we've narrowed it down to, but we won't pick one until Lindsey gets to see him, which brings me to another point.

Lindsey is confined to her room for 24 hours due to the risk of seizure (not likely, but possible given the pre-eclampsia stuff). So, she isn't allowed to get out of bed. The baby can not leave the NICU for who knows how long. So, the picture on the blog of those two in the operating room is as much as they've seen each other. I can go to the NICU whenever I want and I can take up to 2 people at a time with me to see him. I've been back and forth taking pictures and videos for Lindsey, so she currently knows the electronic baby. Sometime tomorrow she should get to see him and pick a name. Neither one of us has held him, and won't be able to do so for a few days. We can reach into his little warming bed and touch him though, although he currently doesn't like people touching him.

Here are some of the facts and figures about Baby Boy Strong:

Weight: 4 pounds 2 oz.
Length: 16.5 inches
Birth Date: Jan. 6, 2009
Birth Time: Approximately 12:35

Anyway, if there is anything else to report, I will.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Oh! I am sorry to hear there's been more stress; I'm glad the C-section went well. The baby is beautiful! Congratulations!
Know that you are all in our prayers. Hugs from Arizona!

Morgan Hagey said...

I'm so glad that everyone is doing so well after such an ordeal! I hope Lindsay can get up to see him soon!

Amber said...

Bless your hearts!! I'm glad everything is going well now. Congratulations on your beautiful baby. We will keep both him and Lindsey in our prayers. I got so emotional reading that she hasn't had a chance to see him. That breaks my heart. Thanks for the update.

Jackie S. said...

Lindsey and Eric,
Congratulations on the new baby boy! He is precious and I bet Lindsey can't wait to jump out of that bed to see him. I am definitely keeping your little boy in my prayers that everything else from this point on goes well.
Sincerely,
Jackie Shepherd

Melissa said...

I keep trying to leave comments and for some reason it is not letting me. Maybe this time it will. Congrats!! He is so adorable!!! How is Lindsey doing?? I have been thinking of you guys non-stop!

Related Posts with Thumbnails