Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Burping Blake

First of all, Blake is now 3 weeks old. With all the back and forth to the hospital, it sure seems like it has been a lot longer.

About a week ago when we were burping him, he came up with a new trick. He has decided that while being burped, he likes to occasionally look up at the person doing the burping, as you see right towards the end of the video. I don't think he really enjoys the burping process. He always makes these little squeaks as he is being burped. Then, when he looks at us, he has this upset look on his face, as if to say "What are you doing to me?" It's kind of funny.



Here is a picture of Blake as well:
He is now up to 5 pounds 6.4 ounces and is getting too big for some of his preemie clothes. We are very excited that he might be coming home within a week or so (hopefully).

3 comments:

The Nelsen Family: said...

Oh my goodness he's so cute! We're so glad he's gaining weight well and whatnot and hope that things continue to improve.

Morgan Hagey said...

Oh, what a sweetie! Seriously, what a doll! I can't wait for him to come home!

McEuens said...

Oh my goodness, that burping video is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen. I love the squeaks and the look at the end! He seems wise beyond his years(weeks). Since I've been slow to comment, let me also take a moment to say congratulations! He really is beautiful, and I am so glad he's doing so well after everything he and poor Lindsey had to go through. Most of the time I think modern medicine intrudes unnecessarily into the birth process, but this is definitely one of those times we can all be grateful for the miracles of modern medicine. So glad everyone is doing so well! I hope he comes home soon. It must be so difficult to have him away from you....

Related Posts with Thumbnails