This is just a quick update on everything. Lindsey is doing well. Her B/P is still up and down, it just depends on when they take it. We've been told that's normal for a few weeks though. She has seen the baby, and at different times today we both held him for about 30-45 minutes. I'll post pictures some other time when we aren't so tired.
The baby seems to be doing great. A number of nurses have commented that he is "feisty". I'm not sure why they are all using that word, I guess he's gaining a reputation. I kind of think his strong little personality is a good thing, because I think it's helping him progress. He hated the crap in his nose, so he just started breathing better on his own. Maybe this is just tired and wishful thinking on my part, but whatever.
Basically, the "feisty" label comes from the fact if he doesn't like something (like anyone touching him in his bed, or too much talking, or having a thermometer stuck in his armpit), he cries a fairly loud cry. He's getting better about that though. He seems to like to be held, as he was fairly content when both Lindsey and I held him.
Today he also had the smaller breathing apparatus removed, and he has been breathing on his own since about 2:00 this afternoon. The nurses have all commented that he is doing great and is making very good progress. Their basic plan is to keep pushing him until he doesn't handle something very well, and then back it up from there. Fortunately, he has handled everything with flying colors so far. So, we'll let you know how things go. I'll post pictures and anything I'm probably forgetting later.
Oh, one more thing. I do want to thank everyone for their positive thoughts and well wishes. We appreciate the support and feel fortunate that the baby and Lindsey are doing so well.
Free Katana Roblox
5 years ago


3 comments:
I'm so glad she got to see her little boy!!! How long will she be in the hospital..if that is even determined yet, are they still saying the the baby will have to be there for a few weeks if he is doing so well? I assume they will want to keep him until he gains weight. I like feisty, strong willed people ;) I'm glad he is doing so well that is a true blessing!!!!
ah yes, does baby have a name?
Feisty is a good thing.
Get some sleep, my friend, you must be dead on your feet.
Post a Comment