Friday, January 23, 2009

Exciting Week

Blake has had a pretty good week so far. Here are some pictures highlighting some of his accomplishments:
He now finishes his bottles on a regular basis. Today is his first attempt at 6 bottles per day, so hopefully he doesn't wear out.
He is also a lot more alert and awake this week. He seems to be paying attention to things and noticing stuff.

And just today, he started sucking his thumb. We stopped giving him his pacifier a few days ago, because when he would suck it, his heart rate would drop and he would have alarms. We didn't enjoy that, so we stopped giving it to him. Well, he is resourceful and found a suitable replacement to the missing pacifier.
The other big news is that last night he weighed over 5 pounds (he is now 5 pounds and 0.4 ounces). He just barely made it over, so we hope he doesn't lose weight tonight.

4 comments:

Anna said...

yay, I'm glad he is doing so well!!! He is so darling!

Brandy said...

Yeah! Nice work Blake! :)

Kara said...

I'm glad he's doing so well, and I'm glad he weighs over five pounds. Yeah!

Kara said...

By the way, I've been meaning to ask, what color are his eyes? They look brown in the pictures, but I can't tell if they really are brown, or if it just looks that way in a picture with the inside lighting. He sure is a cutie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails