Thursday, February 5, 2009

6 Pounds

Blake had his first pediatrician appointment yesterday. He now weighs exactly 6 pounds. In preparation for his appointment, he got his first bath since he has been home. He actually seemed to like it, which was a surprise. He didn't get upset at all.


Blake has also decided that he sometimes likes to try and hold his bottle while he is eating. The picture below is somewhat deceiving, as he isn't actually holding it himself.

He is now getting too big for his preemie clothes, so we are transitioning into his newborn and 0-3 month clothes. He is swimming in most of them, but that's ok. We still think he's cute, even if none of his clothes fit him.


He's doing well and gaining weight. He gets to go back to the pediatrician again next week. I guess since he is a preemie he gets a few extra visits. Also, we were informed that he gets to get 3 or 4 monthly anti-RSV shots since he is a preemie and RSV could "devastate him" according to the doctor. We were rather surprised to find out that each shot costs a measly $1,500, but fortunately should be covered by insurance.

He is sleeping fairly well, except for last night. He kept crying until we would put his pacifier in his mouth, then he would calm down. Unfortunately, he can't put his pacifier in by himself, and it would fall out about every 5 minutes. It took awhile to get him to calm down for good, but he finally did.

5 comments:

Anna said...

he is so cute!!! That was nice with Kaylee, being a thumb sucker, I never had to get up with her for that anyway. I'm so glad he is home and doing so well!!

NessaAnn said...

Oh, what a big, handsome boy. We love you, cousin Blake!

Kari said...

Kelly and I truly believe that one of the best days comes when they can pick up and put their own binky in their mouth! :) Glad to hear everything is going great...he sure is cute!!

Amber said...

I'm so happy to hear that he is thriving so well. What a blessing! He is adorable. A continued congrats to both of you!! I'm sure it's been quite the roller coaster.

Kara said...

What a cutie! And oh, I know the pacifier runs too well. Unfortunately I'm still doing them with Steven at 15 months, but I'm sure Blake will be much nicer to you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails