When we came home from the pediatrician this week and learned how much Blake had grown, I suddenly realized how fast this newborn phase goes away. You always hear how quickly babies grow up and change, but I hadn't really had that experience until this week. Having Blake in the NICU, we were constantly hoping for fast growth so he could get stronger and come home, but now that he is home and growing so quickly I am telling Blake to slow it down a little.
Because of this realization, I tried to think of all of the things that make Blake who he is right now at 2 months old. He has had quite the personality since the day he was born, and I never want to forget the little things about him that make him Blake right now.
2 Month Old Blake-isms
-Sneezes-It's very rarely just 1, it's usually 2 or 3 in a row with a little noise/sigh at the end like he has just accomplished the most difficult task ever.
-He LOVES his bouncy seat! So much so, that this is the only place he will sleep.
-His sounds-He can grunt like no one else. It's his preferred choice of communication and he does it all the time! When he isn't grunting, he makes makes what we call little chipmunk sounds. He is definitely a vocal little boy!
-Just recently, Blake has discovered my hair and how much he likes to grab it. I really started not liking this until yesterday when I was holding him and he was just gently holding onto my hair while he was sleeping. I will put up with the times it hurts just for that.
- He loves "The Blessing Hold". Whenever we can't get him to calm down we just have to bounce him up and down like you do when you are giving a baby a blessing and he immediately calms down. At least we know there won't be any crying at his blessing!
-He has the best pouty bottom lip ever! I love it.
-He absolutely hates diaper changes. He cries the entire time! We have seen the pouty lip several times while we change his diaper.
- He hates being flat on his back. Thus the problem with sleep and how he will only do it in his bouncy seat. Don't worry, we have talked to the doctor about this and she says it is fine for now.
-If you tickle his feet, he will definitely let you know how much he hates it. Just ask Grandpa Dowdle about that one!
-He loves looking at Grandma Dowdle's dark hair.
-He gives Eric and I "stop hands" all the time. Whenever he doesn't want you to be in his face anymore, he puts his little hands in front of his face as if he is saying "just stop, that's enough!".
-He attempts to hold his pacifier in his mouth himself like a big boy.
-Whenever we burp him on our lap, he literally will turn his head and look right at us. It's like he is asking, "What the heck are you doing to me?" See this post for a demonstration.
-His favorite position is being held on his stomach on your chest.
We love our little Blake!!


2 comments:
So cute, all the little things he does. They do grow up fast, and sometimes without you even realizing it. Just the other day I was shocked thinking that Steven really isn't a baby anymore, and Elise really isn't a toddler anymore. What happened?
Aww! So cute! They really do grow up fast. I especially loved the part about him pulling your hair. Even now, when I'm holding Evan, he'll reach behind me and absently play with my hair. It's one of my favorite things that he does and well worth all the time he spent pulling it when he was a baby!
Post a Comment