Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Official Geocachers


It's official, Eric and I are Geocachers now! We went on our first Geocache hunt on Saturday, and it was so much fun! We felt like idiots for the first few because we couldn't figure out where to look, but then Eric got really smart and figured the clues out. The one we found wasn't a large geochache. It was basically a camo plastic egg with the logbook in it. It was hiding under the plastic box at the base of one of the light poles in Walmart's parking lot. So, we signed the logbook, re-hid the cache and came home to find the coordinates of some more hidden caches for the next time we go looking. We are definitely going to try to find a larger one next time, so we can take and leave something in its place. Who knows, maybe we will even hide one of our own!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

This sounds like so much fun! I think we are going to have to give it a try! Thanks for posting this

NessaAnn said...

So fun! Michael and I have been wanting to go try out geocaching for a while, too. Now that you've shown us it really can be done, we just may go and do it!

mandy said...

I've heard about it before and have always wanted to try it. Maybe I can convince Matt to try it since Eric did it and didn't hate it...

Melissa said...

That sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!!

Anna said...

Thanks for your cute email yesterday!!!

Natalie said...

Oh how fun!!!

Mark said...

Maybe you should find a large Geo-cache and leave one of the Wal-mart man's gospel CDs in it for some one to find. That would be funny.

Related Posts with Thumbnails