Friday, May 30, 2008

Polka Festival

Last weekend, Eric and I went to the Polka Festival in Ennis. We got up early Saturday morning to go to the parade that everyone was raving about, not quite knowing what to expect. We always joke about Waxahachie (or Hachie as the locals call it) and its strange ways, well Ennis is an even smaller city with even stranger things going on!

We got excited as we drove into Ennis though because it was packed! There were people everywhere and there was actually traffic in Ennis, so we figured this parade/festival had to be good. We lined up along the street waiting for the excitement to happen and quickly realized this was not the kind of parade we were expecting. I have never seen a parade like this before. All I can say is it was small town America at its finest! You know you are in a small town when your "big" parade consists of firetrucks from every city around, tractors of every kind, floats being pulled by tractors, and kids piled into the back of pick up trucks holding signs advertising local businesses.

I have no idea why this festival is so popular or why there were so many people there for it, but Eric and I definitely had a lot of laughs!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

You guys are so funny! Sometimes I wonder where on earth you live... crazyville huh? :) I think it is so cool there are so many fun & crazy things you guys are able to see, and I love reading about your adventures! :) I think it is about time that "YOU & ERIC" ride in a parade!!! :) ha ha ha... thanks for always making me smile! :)

Amber said...

That's funny. You guys always do the funnest most random things. Good for you!! I love to hear about it. Keep it interesting!!

Anna said...

And you made fun of me because I'm from Wisconsin!!! Well my friend the tables have turned!!! Ha!!!! :)

Mark said...

I enjoy the craziness that is Hachie and Ennis. Are you sure you really want to leave your fun little cities? My favorite is the flat bed float of John Deere tractors and cars -- kind of a "if you don't have one already, look at these, aren't they nice" approach to the parade. I can just imagine the men on the side of the road saying to their wife, "WOW honey, look at them. We gotta gets one of them new tractors."

The Nelsen Family: said...

Haha...that would've been interesting! Actually, I bet that's the kind of parade Andrew would have loved...

McEuens said...

So now that you have this comment counter on the side of your blog I'm realizing I don't comment here enough (or at all, apparently). I have been reading, though, and appreciate the entertainment. Hachie and environs sound like quite the place!

Natalie said...

I had to look up your town because it sounded as um...redneckish as my town. I have to say...I'm jealous! It's 21 times bigger than my town. LOL! I think I'm seriously the only one in town who doesn't own apparel with John Deere on it. Gotta love small town living.

BTW...I'm writing your Etsy review tonight and it will post on Saturday morning. :)

Anna said...

I'm ready for an upate!!!

Anna said...

Lindsey dear, what is taking you so long..its been nearly a month!!!

Anna said...

Am I the only one who is dieing for an update!! argh!

Related Posts with Thumbnails