Thursday, October 25, 2007

It's Time for Pumpkin


October and November are definitely the months to bake things with pumpkin in them. I have a few pumpkin recipes I had been wanting to try, so I tried this first one yesterday. They are so good and they make your house smell wonderful too!

Pumpkin Pie Bars

1 1/3 C. flour
1/2 C. firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 C. granulated sugar, divided
3/4 C. cold butter or margarine
1 C. quick-cooking oats
1/2 C. chopped pecans (I left these out)
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1 T. pumpkin pie spice

Preheat oven to 350. Mix flour, brown sugar and 1/4 C. of the sugar in bowl. Cut in butter wiht pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and pecans. Reserve 1 C. of the oat mixture; press remaining onto bottom of greases 9x13 pan. Bake 15 min.
Beat cream cheese, remaining 1/2 C. sugar, eggs, pumpkin and pumpkin spice in bowl with electric mixer in medium speed until well blended. Por over baked crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
Bake 25 min, cool completely. Cut into 24 bars. Store leftovers in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

3 comments:

Anna said...

That looks so yummy, I'll have to try it. I have a recipe for Pumpkin Crunch, it is so good. I'll give it to you!

Lisa said...

Yummy! That looks wonderful. I will have to give it a try this weekend. Thanks for the recipe.

Brandy said...

Your Mom brought some of these over last night, and I had to have one! So dang good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails