We figured it was just because Blake was so young last year and just wanted to be sleeping instead of sitting in flowers and that this year would definitely be different. This year:
He is a little older, but we got the same reaction as last year! We tried a lot of things to get Blake to smile, but he wanted nothing to do with the Bluebonnets. We thought maybe he would like it better if one of us sat with him.
He stopped crying, but you can still see just how unhappy he was to be surrounded by flowers. So, we tried a different spot that had a Texas flag nearby (Blake loves flags right now).
He was a little better, but Blake was still very unsure about the Bluebonnets. So, we tried surrounding him by his cousins Carter and Clara thinking that would help (His cousin Zachary was there too, but he loved the Bluebonnets even more than Blake did so he isn't in this picture).
We still didn't get a smile! We finally found a really amazing field covered in Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush and we finally had a little success.
The smiles didn't last long, but we were still able to get a few more non-crying pictures in and we had a really fun time with my family. We also now know there is definitely something Blake hates about being in the Bluebonnets. Maybe by next year his hatred for them will be less. We can't wait for next year's picture!


3 comments:
what a great spot for pictures! i love the indian paintbrushes with the blue bonnets. I'm glad you got one good picture :) I haven't taken my kids yet, but I'm sure they'll be frowny too :)
Those are some super cute pictures; even the crying ones! I really like the last one; you three look great. :-)
I LOVE the bluebonnet pics!!! What a cute family ya'll are.
Post a Comment