Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Little Too Close

It is definitely spring time here in Texas! Blake and I went to the grocery store this afternoon and as were leaving the parking lot I saw a bunch of people looking up at the sky and taking pictures. I had no clue what was going on until I got a good view of this:
Do you see the tornado?? I immediately drove home and as soon as I got in the garage the tornado sirens starting going off. I got everything ready in our "tornado room" in case Blake and I needed to take cover. This tornado touched down about 10 minutes West of our house and was headed our way, but luckily it went back up into the sky before it got to us. We had lots of wind, rain and hail though! Having lived in Texas for most of my life, I should be used to these by now, but this one was just a little too close for me.

5 comments:

Kara said...

Scary! I'm glad it missed you. And I must say, I love that top picture of Blake on your sidebar. He is just too cute in his jeans with his little smile.

Anna said...

That is so scary!!! Growing up I spent many nights falling asleep in our basement listening to tornado sirens. glad it missed you!!!

JennyB said...

Crazy! I don't think I have ever seen one that close. I have seen lots of wall clouds, but never an actual funnel. I am so happy it missed you guys!!!

Jackie S. said...

Yikes! That is pretty scary! Glad that all is well!

Megan & Matt said...

Oh my gosh! I remember my first tornado when we moved to Texas. I thought it was the end. By the way, love the pictures below. He is such a cute kid!

Related Posts with Thumbnails