Wednesday, September 17, 2008

1st Ultrasound

Since my first doctor was stuck in the dark ages and didn't "believe" in ultrasounds, we did not receive an ultrasound at my first appointment. Eric and I decided we would much rather have a doctor that believed in technology, and decided to switch doctors. I had my second appointment a few weeks ago and wow, what a difference! It is amazing the difference in care you receive in a small city (Ennis) vs. a large city (Plano). I feel so much better about this doctor!
With a doctor that finally believes in technology, we got our first ultrasound! Here is one of the profile pictures we were able to get at 15 weeks.


I have been extremely lucky with my pregnancy and haven't really had much sickness and am still waiting to show, so it was amazing to actually see that there really is a baby in there!
While the Sonographer was trying to get a profile shot, she noticed the baby had its hand up by its face. She got super excited about it because the hand was fully extended out and you could see all of the fingers. She said that she had to take a picture of it because normally at that stage, a baby's hand is not fully opened yet. Eric and I like to joke with each other that this means we have a smart baby on our hands!


We were given an idea as to what gender the baby may or may not be, but we are waiting until after my 20 week ultrasound when we will find out for sure before we announce it (except to family, they already know!). So for now, here is Baby Strong! Be sure to take our poll on the side and let us know what you think we are going to have. We will let you know in a couple of weeks!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

you're already 15 weeks?! congratulations! i am so excited for you, and so jealous that you are not showing yet. i'm practically waddling everywhere already.

Anna said...

Little Poop is going to be so cute!!! I love ultrasounds! Can't wait to know what gender it is.

The Nelsen Family: said...

How exciting! I'm glad you're not feeling too terrible. Can't wait to find out what you guys are having!!

Natalie said...

I'm glad you found a better doctor! The doctors I had in Utah and in Denver were way, way, way better than the doctor I had out here in the boonies at the end of my second pregnancy.

I'm still so excited for you guys!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you got an ultrasound. Isn't it amazing how exciting it is when you finally see the baby for the first time??!! I love that first ultrasound appointment. I can't wait to hear the gender.

Amber said...

so exciting!! isn't it amazing how real it becomes after that ultrasound?? i'm so happy for you!

Anna said...

So you have to know what it is by now, so what is it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails