Monday, September 24, 2007

Deep Thoughts from a Walmart Greeter

"One has the money while the other must have the time"
Has anyone heard this phrase before?? Every time Eric and I go to Walmart, there is a Walmart greeter that says this to us every time he sees us and we don't know why! We have watched him greet other people and as far as we can tell he doesn't say it to anyone else, just us.
Now, granted, he is an older man, so he could just be senile, but it drives Eric and I crazy because we don't know what he is talking about!
The latest occurence was last week. We walked in and we saw he was the greeter for the day, so I said to Eric, "Get ready, it's him again." And just as we predicted, as soon as he saw us he said, "One has the money while the other must have the time" Only this time he added something new to it! He then said, "But, which one is it, that is the question." Well Eric couldn't handle it anymore and decided to ask him what it meant. The man then mumbled something like, "Oh who knows, everyone just uses plastic to pay these days anyways."
So once again, we were left wondering what this little phrase of his means and why he only chooses to say it to me and Eric.

6 comments:

Brandy said...

I don't frequent Walmart much, but I have never heard that before! I guess it's just Waxahachie! :)

Brandy said...

I don't frequent Walmart much, but I have never heard that! It must just be Waxahachie! :)

Melissa said...

That is very odd. I am not quite sure what it means either, but apparently he does. I am trying to think of a possible explanation, but I am just stumped.

Anna said...

Are we sure he's all there???

Kari said...

ok, so i decided next time you go into walmart, you should have something puzzling to say back! i searched for some on google, in case you want to find your own, under chinese proverb or confucius. :)
here's a very fitting chinese proverb, and seriously applies to this man: "If your strength is small, don't carry heavy burdens. If your words are worthless, don't give advice."
and here's a "confuscious say.." one that made me giggle: "Man who lives in glass house should change in basement."
love ya

Kari said...

ironic...i just watched a clip of The Office online and Michael said a really good confucius quote: "Confucius say, Man who fart in church must sit in his own pew." hahaha, yay Office!

Related Posts with Thumbnails