Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Texas State Fair

Where did October go?? I cannot believe that it is already gone and Thanksgiving is next week.  I am really behind on this blog, so I am trying hard to catch up with what we have been doing lately.  One of the things I really wanted to do again this year was go to the Texas State Fair.  I am not sure why, because I think I only went the state fair once the entire time I lived here growing up, but I think it is fun.  Blake actually liked  a lot more about the fair this year, except for Big Tex.  I tried to get a picture with Blake by Big Tex and Blake immediately started freaking out.  Then, Big Tex started talking and that just put Blake over the edge.  He wanted nothing to do with the fair after that and to this day if you ask him about the fair he will say, "Cowboy scary. Cowboy too loud." I am pretty sure if I was 2 1/2 years old and saw a 52 foot talking cowboy I would be scared too.

One of the things Blake liked last year at the fair that he really liked this year was the kids farm.  They give the kids little aprons to wear and you walk around a pretend farm and the kids get to do a bunch of farm activities like planting seeds, water the trees, milk the cows, feed the goats, etc.  Then at the end they give the kids money for all of their hard work on the farm and they get to go to their store and pick out a snack to use your money on.  It is really cute and Blake had a lot of fun with it.






We also checked out the petting zoo at the fair.  Blake was terrified of every single animal in there last year, so we weren't sure how he was going to do with it this year.  He was still scared of the large intimidating animals, like the camel and cows, but he really liked the rest.  I think his favorite part of the petting zoo was feeding the goats. He loved them!  He thought feeding them was super cool but he also kept trying to hug them through the gate.




Hugging the goats


After we scared Blake with Big Tex, he was completely done with the fair.  He just continued to say, "All done. I go home now." We made it up to him by taking him to the toy train display.  Once he saw the trains he immediately liked the fair again.  




 

'.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails